Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Mary J. & Essence Magazine
Mary covers the new October issue of Essence Magazine and talks about Diddy, the pressure from new artists and not being able to perform with former womanizer K-Ci.




ESSENCE: I always wondered why, and I’m not hating on Faith Evans (I love her too), but were you to be the First Lady of Bad Boy?

MARY J. BLIGE: If I wasn’t signed to MCA, it could have been me, which I believe Puff would have wanted. But I understand Puff is a businessman, so he had to go get his First Lady, which I understand. It took me a couple of years to understand, but you know, after a while I was like, “Oh, okay. He had to do that,” because he didn’t have a female artist over there.



ESSENCE: Will you ever sing “I Don’t Want to Do Anything Else” [her duet with Jodeci's K-Ci] live again?

MARY J. BLIGE: No. I mean, if I sing it with someone else, yes.

ESSENCE: Do you feel any pressure to keep pumping out hits because of the younger artists?

MARY J. BLIGE: I feel no pressure. I pump out hits for my fans. They just want to hear from me. I don’t compete with the young generation, I learn from them. I listen to what they’re saying, so I can get a little bit of that, so we can cross, so we can have an understanding and hear each other.
posted by Tai Destiny at 4:30 PM -
2 Comments:
  • At September 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Blogger Kelcie said…

    Amen to that! MJB feels no pressure to compete with the noobie artists. I admire artists who do their own thing. They get inspired on their own - not off of what everyone else is doing. When you get inspired by yourself, your sound is automatically different.

    I love your blog layout, by the way. :)

     
  • At September 13, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Blogger sarahh said…

    the person above me isss so effin right.
    I love MJB. she's cool!

     

Post a Comment

 

Tai Destiny


Known to rock Nikes & Skinnies. XXI, Hellz Bellz, Urban Outfitters- My Thing. In love. Deep up in it. Loves life. No doubt.
Viva La Destiny
Atlanta, GA
(Hometown: Chicago)
Goal: Victoria Secret Model/ World's Best Web Design Artist
My Boo:Eddie ♥


Contact Me
Archives
Previous Post
Pics ♥
























Music