Thursday, October 22, 2009
About Teen Suicide

What do you live for? I live for the future. I see a daughter, a husband, and a great career. I live to make my mother happy. I live to see the faces of my friends and boyfriend everyday. I live to sing, dance, create. I live to travel the world. I live for the idea that I'll someday make a huge change in the world.

There are certain things that we all live for. But some hold on to that one certain thing that keep them going. Whether it be their little brother that needs guidance, their love for their puppy that they feel they need to take of, or their love for mathematics... Everyone lives for something.

So what happens when that one thing that you thought you couldn't live without, that one thing that you lived for, is suddenly taken away from you. It's human nature to carry on until you can't anymore. But it's harder for some. They find no reasons to push forward. They don't have that puppy, that little brother, that vision of the future. They feel that their left with absolutely nothing. They feel that this pain can only be eased in the result of their death.

We can't judge a suicidal person and say "oh they're dumb and need to get over it." I call this ignorance. Depression is a disease.

The Facts:Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds.
Nearly 5,000 teenagers commit suicide each year.
White males have the highest increase in suicide.
The ratio of male to female suicides is four to one; however, young women attempt suicide four times more frequently.


What should you do?

-If someone you know brings up the subject of suicide, take them seriously.
-Reassure them that they have someone to turn to, a friend to help them.
-Don’t lecture about the reasons a person has to live, listen to them.
-Contact someone for help. Depressive disorders respond well to psychotherapy treatments or the appropriate medications.

Most teens interviewed after making a suicide attempt say that they did it because they were trying to escape from a situation that seemed impossible to deal with or to get relief from really bad thoughts or feelings.

Don't judge. Just help.
posted by Tai Destiny at 2:34 PM -
9 Comments:
  • At October 22, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Blogger Jon said…

    Wow I like it I really think you did sort of a acting thing with this what I mean is you got into this post as most people do or should do...I really like that last line "Don't judge, Just help" it really makes me wonder why do people judge instead of getting to know that person and we all have or are searching for something to live for.

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Blogger Tre Randolph said…

    Well the whole suicide thing is a toss up for alot of people. Some do it because because they lose that one thing thats close to them, some do it because they are being bullied, some do it because they were just publicly humiliated and dont want to show their face anymore. The point is no one really knows what anyones motive is for killing themselves except for the person that is committing suicide

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Blogger fatou said…

    i totally agree with you when you say dont judge just help because people tend to do that alot as an talk about what that person is going throught, but dont want to do nothing about it.. if my friend brought me a subject of suicide i will do everything in my power to make sure that subject doesnt rise up again. everybody live for something and some people are happy for what they live for and others are not. life may be great for you and a living hell for me, but if you wanna help me do so if not i should not be your gossip talk about...

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Blogger Quick Spade said…

    I did not know that it was the third leading cause of death. Really didn't know males are more suicidal than females. Good post.

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Blogger Mina said…

    Suicide is definitely something people should ignore. Parents and friends tend to shy away from the subject or look at t in a negative approach. Something has to be done.

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Blogger PandappleExpress said…

    i agree completely, one thing that makes teens more suicidal is when people judge them. something that i noticeed recently is that in school, when people hear something like they they laugh and say the most ignorant $*** it makes me so mad because what they don't realize when they'r laughing is that they're the cause of it. so people plz be aware that its not funny and its actually very serious.

     
  • At October 23, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree that suicide should be taken seriously. And it is so true: depression is a disease. It is a shame that people are so ignorant and, quite frankly, stupid that they think it is just so easy to lift yourself up out of the rut you're in when you are depressed. I have never felt that way my self, but I know & know of people who are.

     
  • At October 27, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Blogger FantasyFairy said…

    Iam so feeling ur blog it's dope something different from what i've been seeing since i got on this blog thing but it hot i got to follow you plese check out mines and please follow me cause i got's to follow you....

     
  • At October 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Anonymous Kel said…

    Your bottom line is so important. It's also incredibly important to take these comments seriously. Nearly everyday I see people laugh and tease when people make comments about suicide that should be taken seriously. The "kill yourself" joke that people still occasionally use needs to end. It's not funny, only offensive.

     

Post a Comment

 

Tai Destiny


Known to rock Nikes & Skinnies. XXI, Hellz Bellz, Urban Outfitters- My Thing. In love. Deep up in it. Loves life. No doubt.
Viva La Destiny
Atlanta, GA
(Hometown: Chicago)
Goal: Victoria Secret Model/ World's Best Web Design Artist
My Boo:Eddie ♥


Contact Me
Archives
Previous Post
Pics ♥
























Music